Have you ever wanted to gain real work-experience with a reputable non-profit organisation? Now's your chance!
The AKF is always on the look out for enthusiastic, bright students or graduates to undertake internships. Whatever your nationality or area of study/expertise, there will likely be a way you can help us; but a passion for wanting to help save the Koala is a must!
If you are interested, please email a copy of your CV to [email protected]
In your initial enquiry we need to know:
- Your age
- How your skills could specifically help the AKF and Koalas (we particuarly love interns who have a project in mind before they come)
- What is required of you by your university
- How long do you plan to stay?
- Your start and finish date
Applications without this information will not be considered.
Please give us 3 months notice before your requested start date.
Over the past few years we have had interns visit us from the USA, France, the UK, Japan and the Netherlands and (of course) Australia, working on projects in ecology, GIS, historical research, communications, economics, translation and law.
- It is very important that you have a fantastic command of english, and that you will be competent in answering phones. You MUST show initiative, and not wait around for us to tell you what to do.
- The AKF office is located in the heart of Brisbane's CBD, in Queensland. We are an organisation based on science and research. We do not deal hands on with sick and injured Koalas.
- Please note: our interns are unpaid, and are required to organise their own accommodation and visas.
Thom, Netherlands, 2016
"I have spent 9 weeks working withthe Australian Koala Foundation, where I was working on promoting the organisation
through the use of Google AdWords. This internship enabled me to contribute to the organisation’s goals in my own way, and I am eternally grateful for being given that opportunity.
I have come to know the Australian Koala Foundation as a warm and caring community, and I feel really glad that my contribution to saving koalas was valued. I also went on a field trip to see koalas, which was one of the most amazing experiences I have had in my life.
I want to thank everyone at the AKF for this wonderful time, I learned a lot of things that I will carry on with me for the rest of my life. Furthermore, I will surely be closely following the AKF in the future."