your own cute koala


sightings and habitat


enter here

Plant aTree

online here


save a koala

Adopt Blossom

January 1, 1970
Gunnedah, New South Wales

Blossom lives in a town in north-eastern New South Wales called Gunnedah. Gunnedah is a well-known mining precinct and mining is one of the leading causes of Koala habitat loss.Gunnedah calls itself the Koala capital of the world.

‘Habitat’ refers to the types of bushland that Koalas like to live in, and believe me, they are fussy! Since European settlement about 80% of Koala habitat has been decimated, of the remaining 20%, almost none is protected and a majority is situated on privately owned land.

Imagine if someone knocked down your home and you couldn’t get to a shop to buy any food and had no place to sleep. This is how blossom and her fellow Koala friends feel every time another tree is cut down in the name of mining.

Habitat loss is the root cause of many problems faced by the Koala today and by adopting Blossom you are helping to keep her and her koala family in their home.

$ 30 00 AUD

When you adopt a Koala, you receive a beautiful personalised adoption certificate with a photo of your Koala, a welcome letter, Koala stickers, and more. And if you are in the area you can drop in and visit the adorable Koala you adopted! *(Cost of Koala adoption does not include park admission fees).

*We cannot guarantee however, that the adopted Koala will be available for viewing on the day so it is always best to contact the zoo or park prior to your visit to avoid disappointment.

Koala adoption certificate preview

Please note: Koalas are not pets. This is a symbolic Koala adoption, or a ‘foster’ program. Your monthly donation, which is a twelve month commitment, goes towards the work of helping save Koalas in the wild; so by adopting one of these gorgeous Koalas, you will be helping their less fortunate wild cousins! The Adopt a Koala program is not tax deductable and is a twelve month program.

Shopping Cart


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.